“It is a beautiful thing when a passion and a career go together.”
In the process of recruiting, we always discuss the features of the ideal candidate with our clients. Most often than not, an academic experience in Fashion is an essential trait to increase your chances at getting considered for the position. The G&M Team hence believes that attending one of the top fashion schools is a true investment in your future career. Here we can thank Business of Fashion that published the ranking of the Best Fashion Schools in 2017. The research involved more than 11,000 students/alumni and asked for their honest opinion. See the link below:
If you are still unsure about your selection, here are some tips to help you in choosing the best school for yourself:
1. Check out the website – Most of the times the schools do their best to educate prospective students about their opportunities. Read their information carefully and don’t be afraid to contact the office to find out more!
2. Get in touch with the Alumni group – Often, the most sincere answers come from the actual students. Use social media like LinkedIn and Facebook to reach out to someone from your course of interest. Don’t forget it is also an excellent opportunity for networking.
3. Visit the campus – If possible, try to pay the school a visit! This way, you can get a sense of the environment you will be spending a lot of time in, and again, asking for opinions from current students is also a great idea.
4. Calculate the costs – The living cost in some cities is more expensive than others, make sure you are aware of it. It is also a good idea to check out scholarship opportunities!
5. Go for it – Once you feel you are ready to push your artistic boundaries and learn more about the captivating world of Fashion, you should pursue your passion!
After a thorough research, you will be thankful to yourself for making the right decision. The G&M team wishes you all the best in your academic experience and hopes to meet you when you build a career in the Fashion industry!